Monday, March 19, 2007

This Old Thing?


I had my birthday party Saturday (yesterday). My theme was "this old thing?" and people were invited to wear that thing that they would never wear again, or haven't worn in a long time. I was amazed at people's creativity. We had 2 wedding dresses, a bridesmaid dress, a couple grad gowns, Ben and I wore our Japanese yukatas, a tux, a jail shirt, a Star Trek tie, and two beautiful men in dresses (which they promised to never wear again)

(I'll have pictures as soon as Beth emails them to me.. this picture at the top was a cell phone pic..our camera is out getting fixed.. crappy cannon warranty that returns a un-fixed camera and makes me miss taking pictures at my birthday...grrr)

It was also a wine and cheese party, so people brought all sorts of wine and yummy cheeses. Ben and I got a bunch of beads and rings so that people could make their own wine charm/dangley thing. This was good, as I was continually losing my wine glass, and asking people if they had seen a wine glass with a J on it.

People wrote about their outfits, and later in the evening we created a fashion show. I read out what they had written: what they were wearing and when the last time they wore it. Everyone hammed it up real well, and it was sort of an introduction for everyone, as we had people from different aspects our lives all together. I was impressed our basement suit held 20 people!

And then what's a party without charades? Bekah, we played that game you taught us at Christmas, it was actually requested.

All in all, it was a great time. Thanks for those of you who came and helped me celebrate the road to thirty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ju, I will do my best to get those pics to you tomorrow night. What a fun party! Do you happen to have my wine charm? I forgot to take it home!!!!

Beth

Bekah said...

Oh sounds like a great party! You are so good at that. Next time I have a party will you organize it for me? Who requested the charades game?

Julia said...

Hey sisters,
Beth, would love those pictures as soon as you can, but know you're a busy girl. And yup, I have your wine glass charm.. most people forgot theirs.

Bekah, would love to plan you a party, maybe start my career in event planning? My friend Melissa suggested the game. We played it on New Year's Eve.