Thursday, March 15, 2007

Julia's Birthday

Tuesday was my birthday. I turned 26. I thought that should affect me in some way, that I shouldn't like that, but I do. I've actually been 26 for half a year already.. in my mind. Whenever people ask me how old I was, I would think 26, and then remember that I was still 25. I guess 'cause so much has happened in the last year, I figured I must be older for it. Plus I feel like I've achieved a lot already, I've achieved my goals for the most part of what I wanted to do by this age. Our 5 year plan we set out 4 years ago has gone as planned, and I sent in my UBC application for my B. of Education yesterday. (On Tuesday I woke up to apple pancakes, and then in the evening, Ben came home, on his bicycle, with a huge bouquet of flowers! I'm such a lucky girl)

I'm really loving being at the high school on Mondays too. This past Monday I got to be in art classes in the morning. It was great to be able to walk around and talk with students, give them ideas for their projects, and get to know them a bit. The art teacher and I hit it off, and spent lunch drawing animal skulls for an example project for after spring break.
Ok, gotta go to work.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday again:) I can't believe how old we are getting! I suppose we'll look back and realize we weren't really that old at 26 and 27, but we just aren't kids anymore...

Courtney and Jon said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JULIA.
I am thankful you had a great day.
It's always great to read about what you and Ben are up to. I love to hear about it.
Keep us posted when you hear from UBC. That is so exciting. I didn't realize you were going for teaching. You will be a fabulous teacher.