Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Good things come in threes

We've made it three years together. I should say something like "my, time has flown" but honestly, it feels like three years. We've done a lot in that time. We've each finished a 'segment' of school, and gone to Japan for a year. I think this next year will be a lot of fun, no school (maybe Ben in January, but not much) and a trip to Botswana and Angola. Christmas at home, camping trips, visits across Canada for Med Schools interviews (cross the fingers and knock on wood). It should be good. Next year by this time we should know where we will spend the next 4-7 years. I'm excited.

For our anniversary Ben has been planning a trip for us since, like, March. He's been giving me a hint every 10th of the month, and I wasn't dissapointed. the hints:
- we might see something big
- it has something to do with water
- there is a long walk
- it is not east or south of Langley

Can you guess? I was guessing whales and boats and hot springs-cause I know Ben likes that sort of thing and gets excited about them. And, yup, I was right. He did a good job of not letting me know if I guess it or not.

We went to Tofino on Ben's dad's Honda Shadow (which has a very small back seat.. ouch!!). Then, we were going to take a whale watching tour, but we were too late, so we took a float plane to Hot Springs cove. That's all knew at that point, so when we arrived at the dock, I was surprised that there was no hotel or anything on the beach like I expected. Ben pointed to a boat off the shore and said, "that's where we're going"..the InnChanter. Except, the boat was a good 200m away from the dock. We asked the pilot how to get there, and he said to call, or swim if we had our water wings. We walked from the dock to the land, sure that we would find a phone or something, but nope. Finally, the couple who were rowing a boat from the Innchanter got to the dock, and we used their boat to row back to the Innchanter. The Innchanter holds about 10 guests, and serves an amazing dinner and breakfast. I highly recommend it.


The hot springs are a 25 minute walk through old growth forest on a boardwalk over land. The spring itself starts as a waterfall, then flowes into different pools before meeting the ocean. So great. We went at night, as there were fewer people, and soaked for hours (and got many a mosquito bite).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...here's Matteo and Francesca from Italy. We had the pleasure to spend the same days at the InnChanter. We can't wait to fly there again. And to meet you somewhere in the world! Our best wishes...M&F