Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Summer Time, and the pilgrims are getting restless

Hi All!
Let me start with my favourite "The Office" quote:
Dwight: So, are you excited?
Ryan: Yeah, I'm excited.
Dwight: Really excited?!
Ryan: Yeah, I'm really excited.
Dwight: Extremely excited?!
Ryan give Dwight a look.
Dwight: Just very excited, that's cool.

Well, we are VERY excited. This last Saturday we spent the day looking at apartments/suites in Vancouver. Ben starts at UBC at the end of August, and we wanted to beat the back to school crowd.. So, we found a great one bedroom near the "Gates" of UBC. We have the place as of July 1st, although we might not move in right away, so for those of you who we will enlist to help us, we'll let you know when that'll be (please, please, come and help us!!).

In other news, we went to see my friend Jessie's play "Maggie's Getting Married" on Saturday, and laughed ourselves silly. Great acting, great writing (Canadian writer), and great location. If you live in Abbotsford area, you should deffinatley check out Straiton Hall on Upper Sumas Rd. They have great entertainment all the time.

Last weekend we went to visit my sister Rebekah and her family in their new home in Courtney, on Vancouver Island. The weather was gorgeous and we spent most of the time on the beach, where my white, winter skin was exposed to the sun for the first time this year, and I promptly got burnt, and am now peeling Mmmmm. We had a great time chatting and eating and playing games. We went to church on Sunday, then spent Sunday night with Ben's aunt and uncle who live down the road from them. We had a terrific time!

Lastly, as it is the thing that might kill me, I'm doing a triathalon on June 24th. If we don't post after that, you know it killed me. I've been training, but I've never done anything like this before. It's a little one, good for beginners, and I've been enjoying the variety of training with the swimming, biking and running. I'm actually really excited about it, and excited that I have the next day off from work, so I'll have a chance to recover. Ganbaremasu! (I'll do my best!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy for you that you found a place so quickly!! near the gates of ubc eh...where?!?! rick and I lived at 4387 W11th and Laura and I used to live at 4361 W10th (above the subway, near safeway!!)..and Trimble st...that would be tooo funny if you guys lived in the same place!!
happy mving, you know we'd help if we were in the country :)

Bekah said...

Awsome. I'm so gald you have a place. I'd help to if I was in town...Thanx for coming to visit us. We really enjoyed having you here. We've had a lot of compliments on the fence:) I hope your skin feels better soon.
How was your fathers day with Dad? I really wanted to be there and almost didn't come home with Tony on Friday. But, alas, he took me home and I missed being with you...I love you.