Monday, December 04, 2006

We're Back


Just a note to say we're back. We had a lovely flight back, even getting bumped up to business class for our flight from Winhoek, Namibia to Johannesburg, South Africa. From house to home, it was about 48 hours, but 12 of those were in London where we got out to stretch our legs and eat fish and chips. Lovely.



I have my usual jet lag, as it is 5:15am and I am up. Seems the earlier I go to bed, the earlier I get up, and there is no actual "catching up" of sleep for me. Ben seems to have no trouble with this.







We've been looking for a place to stay, and have the opportunity to move in next door to Ben's brother and sister-in-law in Walnut Grove. The owners have just put in insulation into the ceiling downstairs (essential for a house with 4 little boys under the age of 5), so the ceiling still needs to be painted, along with a few other touch-ups here and there, but the space is great, and we hope it works out. Ben is willing to do the grunt work, and as he is not working just now, it'll keep him busy.

I start work tomorrow (Tuesday) working in the Medical Tower next to the hospital in Abbotsford in the x-ray clinic, full time! God has provided everything we need, and we are so grateful to all of you who have passed on his blessings to us.

Blessings in this busy season,
Julia

P.S. most of my not feeling good on the trip can be attributed the anti-malarial pills I was on-and not acutall 'bugs'. I went off them 2 weeks ago, and have felt way better. So, just a warning for you tropical adventurers, Mefloquin is the cheaper option, but it seems, especially for women, there are nasty side effects that make it not worth it. (although the vivid dreams side effect can be quite fun!)

No comments: